Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring has Arrived

Spring has definitely made an appearance here in Florida. The dogwood trees are in full bloom, the azaleas fill the area with beautiful color, the Redbud is beautiful and my Paulownia tree is filled with lovely purple blooms. My blog has followed suit and is dressed in its spring finery. I love spring, because it reminds me of Christ's resurrection from the grave, that new life follows death, as we watch the earth come to beautiful life after another long, cold, hard winter.

As for me, I get a little stronger each day and feel better each day. I have to be careful not to overdo, however much I'm tempted. My DH reminds me that I'm held together with baling wire and duct tape right now...his attempt at a humorous look at the situation..but I know he's right and I must still be cautious. I'm thankful for our back porch, where I can sit and enjoy the sunshine, the birds singing, the warm breeze, and be thankful for all the blessings God has given me.

I hope Spring has come to your house and you're enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of renewal.

No comments: