Monday, August 25, 2008

The Arrival of Fall

The official start of fall is still a month away, but fall is my favorite season of the year and I usually jump the gun a bit in my decorating. This year is no different. When Tropical Storm Fay decided to descend upong North Central Florida, and I was stuck in the house for days on end, it seemed the perfect time to put out the sunflowers, pumpkins, multi-colored leaves, and the rest of my fall decorations.

I don't decorate with any Halloween type decorations. You won't find jack-o-lanters, bats, witches, and the like at my house. But I think a person can decorate beautifully for fall without bowing to convention and bringing a day dedicated to evil into your home.

Like most people, at this time of year, I'm tired of the endless heat and humidity and am ready for some cooler, drier weather. I'm ready for the bounty of the fall harvest. I've got my Autumn Wreath candles ready to light .....anytime fall, anytime!

1 comment:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Me too! I am so ready for fall, and especially the cool weather that comes with it! I haven't decorated yet, but I will soon. I am trying to be patient, but it's hard! :D