Monday, June 13, 2011

BEING PERFECT

Is there even such a thing? I don't believe there is, no matter how much we struggle or work being perfect is something we can not accomplish in this life. What I have to remember is that in God's eyes I am already perfect and that should be more than enough to accept myself as I am.

I don't think we should take this to mean that it's okay to laze around and never try to improve or grow in life, but I do think it means that we need to accept ourselves as God's creation and stop nitpicking and cutting ourselves down in our insecurities and doubts.

There's a reason in any bookstore one of the largest sections is Self Help books. I actually think it's rather funny that almost everyone has an opinion on the best way to lose weight, the right exercise program, how to overcome depression, fears or...well you get the idea. People are constantly looking for a way to make their life happier, to be more content, to overcome, ...but I've come to realize the only way to be an overcomer is to be content in the arms of God and to understand that He loves us just as we are...scars and all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice content, it really made me think. I’d like to thank you for that and the great guestbook you have there. Bridal saree