Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Frost


I woke this morning to the ground covered with the first frost of the year. Being in Florida, this is as close to snow as we get. It reminds me that the year is waning and that Thanksgiving and Christmas are drawing near.
Fall is my favorite time of year, I love everything about it...maybe because I was a fall baby. I'm growing anxious this year for the holidays, they make me feel like a child again.
In the meantime, I'm staying inside this morning, wrapped up in my warm, pink, chenille robe and fuzzy slippers and peeking out the window from time to time as the sun rises higher and higher in the sky and watching the frost melt away under the warmth of the sun's rays.

1 comment:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Beautifully said Judy! I am enjoying this time too. But I am hoping for some snow this year!

Have a great week!