Monday, May 11, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

Yesterday was the day we stop to recognize our Mothers. It was a truly wonderful day for me. Not only did I hear from both my sons, as well as my ex-daughter-in-law, but I am most blessed beyond measure because I have a truly wonderful and Godly mother. I was also blessed by having a very special mother-in-law. For the first time in twelve years we did not spend Mother's Day with her, she left us on April 19th to be with the Lord and our lives were a little sadder yesterday.

My sweet husband is mourning the passing of his mother, but he still took time to make my day a special one. He made me breakfast yesterday, pancakes and sausage, which was delicious, and even cleaned up the kitchen!

I also wanted to mention a truly special blessing I received from one of our fellow bloggers, Joleen at The Primitive Bucket. Joleen is a very talented and creative gal, and I love the things she sells on Ebay. (If you've never stopped by her blog or Ebay store...do so! Hmm maybe I shouldn't have shared that secret!! LOL) I'd purchased a couple of items from her and in the box she enclosed a very special gift....a lamp she made for me. Thank you so much, Joleen. It's beautiful and it really made my Mother's Day special.

I hope your Mother's Day was a truly special day and that you too were blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

The Primitive Bucket said...

Thanks Judy, You have been through a lot the past few months, I'm glad I could brighten your day just a little.. and I don't mind if you share the secret!!! I get busy!!!
Hugs,
Joleen