Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Reality Show Tune-Out

Summertime...and the living is easy. Catfish jumpin' and the cotton is high.

I love that song, but it reminds me that summer is here and all my favorite television shows are on hiatus for the summer months. What's on? Some pretty idiotic reality shows. Here's some examples: Wipeout...grown adults humiliate themselves by bouncing off giant rubber balls, falling into the mud, and other stunts. Blah. Housewives of New Jersey (and other places) a group of rude, self-contered, out of control women parade their lives for all to see. I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here!, a group of D list wannabes are stranded in the jungle...where are the celebrities? It's more interesting watching the birds at our bird feeder.

Do people really watch this stuff? I suppose they do, but I can't see wasting my time. How about digging out the reruns of Touched by an Angel or Promised Land?

No comments: