Saturday, July 4, 2009

233 YEARS OLD!!


We Americans are so fortunate to live in a country that is truly free. That freedom comes with a price. This 4th of July I pay tribute to those men and women who put their lives on the line every day, who wake up and put their boots on the ground to protect our rights. This July 4th I pay tribute to every man and woman who puts on the uniform of the United States Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard. All those in the reserves and National Guard. Thank You. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

A very special thank you to Spc Timothy Ridgeway. He's my son-in-law on his third tour in Iraq. I pray God keep you safe, Tim, you and all the men and women you serve with. Happy Independence Day.

So today, as you eat your hot dogs and hamburgers, as you watch the fireworks and parades think about the men and women who aren't getting to enjoy those things with their families. Think about the men and women whose fireworks are IED's exploding, who are suffering in 109 degree temperatures to keep us safe and free, and whisper a prayer for their safety and a thank you for their service to our nation.

3 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Hey girlie....

YOU won my giveaway!!!
Congrats!!!

Send me your mailing address:)

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Amen! Hey Judy! Guess who?



P.S. My blog name has changed, but if you pay me a visit, I hope you will remember me and add me to your blog list again.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a heartfelt post!! I completely agree.....
Thanks for visiting my blog & good luck on the Southern Belle Give-Away!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo