Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday is Recipe Day!


Beginning today, and continuing every Wednesday, until I run out of recipes, I will be sharing one of my very favorite recipes here on my blog. If anyone would care to join me, leave me a comment and I will add a link to your blog here on mine so folks can follow the recipe trail.


Since today is so cold, I think I'm going to make one of our favorites tonight, Spicy Cheeseburger Soup. Here's the recipe



Ingredients: Makes 6-8 servings

1 1/2 cup water

2 cups cubed peeled potatoes

2 small carrots, grated

1 small onion, chopped

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)

1 clove garlic, minced

1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained

2 1/2 cups milk, divided

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)

1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled


Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingre­ dients; bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Stir in beef and 2 cups milk; heat through.

Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.

Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.

Add cayenne if desired.

Top with bacon just before serving.

2 comments:

Janene said...

Judy~
I am definately saving this recipe.
I will make it this weekend when it is suppose to be rainy!
Thank you for sharing!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I love soups! Thanks for the recipe. :)