Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wonderful Vacation

Beautiful 2-year-old Mariah
Gorgeous 3-year-old Leah

The past 6 days have flown by and tomorrow we begin our trek towards Florida and home. We've have a wonderful time each day, and gone to bed bone tired, but it's been worth every mile to see the smiles and hear the laughter of our granddaughters, Leah and Mariah. They almost make me want to give up the warmth and sunshine of Florida for the snow and ice of the north....but my heart wishes they'd all simply move next door to me in Florida. We would love to be doting, spoiling grandparents 365 days a year.
I was blessed to spend time not only with my children and grandchildren but was able to catch up with some old friends as well. I've been privileged to have the same best friend for 31 years and although we haven't seen one another face-to-face for almost 12 years when we saw one another today it was if the last 12 years were no more than 12 minutes. We picked right up where we left off that last time.
So as we climb in the car tomorrow and point it in a southwardly direction, as we leave the chilly fall temperatures and head back towards Florida I'm leaving, yet once again, a little piece of my heart here in the Chicagoland area and promise that the next trip here won't take another 12 years.

No comments: