Tuesday, March 22, 2011

THE WORST DAY OF THE YEAR

Well, it's the worst day of the year for me anyway. The day I sit down and figure out the taxes. I guess it's the worst day because I don't like the way the government spends my money. I don't like the complicated and confusing way they write the forms. I certainly don't like that the middle class and small business men end up carrying the weight while the rich and huge corporations walk away relatively scott free. But hey, that's just my opinion and I can help to change things the next time there's an election, just as I cast my ballot in the last election.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, to look on the bright side and to follow the Biblical principle to "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's".

I think I need to keep singing, "O say but I'm glad, I'm glad. O say but I'm glad. Jesus has come and my cup overrun. O Say but I'm glad."
Keeping a positive attitude is everything, I've discovered. I can choose to have a great day or a lousy day and I need to make that choice before I open my eyes and place my feet on the floor in the morning. Before I go to sleep the night before I whisper a prayer and ask God to bless the next day, to help me to be in a good mood, to make it a great day. I have no doubt God does his part, it's up to me to do mine. I need to keep the negative thoughts and comments at bay, I need to keep a song in my mouth, a smile on my face, and God's joy in my heart.

I'd better change the title of this post then....okay, so it's not the worst day of the year, maybe simply one of my most stressful.

No comments: