Wednesday, January 6, 2010

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There is something so wrong about Florida having 10 degree temperatures and a forcast of ...SNOW !!! Me, I'm staying inside, trying to keep warm. A trip to the doctor yesterday revealed it's not another cold, I have bronchitis. I haven't had bronchitis since I moved to Florida 12 years ago. Speaking of which, I moved to Florida so I didn't have to deal with those kinds of temperatures or snow anymore. The weathermen and historians say this will be the longest cold snap Florida has ever had in history (since they started keeping records). It does warm up during the daylight hours, it was in the 40's today, but these nighttime temperatures mean your fruit and produce prices are going to rocket even more.

And exactly what is the deal with the fruit prices? DH bought me some seedless green grapes yesterday...$8 for a bag of grapes! I can't wait to see what the strawberry prices are going to be. (Yes, strawberries are in season here in Florida...unless this cold weather kills them all ) It reminds me of a phrase from a song from years long ago passed...."a piece of bread would buy a bag of gold." Just one more sign that these are indeed the last days.

Anyway, I think it's time for me to head to bed. I'm not getting enough sleep because I cough so much, but it needs to get out of my chest so I guess coughing isn't such a bad thing, it just means I don't get a lot of good sleep. It doesn't last forever, though, so I can be patient and catch up on my sleep as I heal. Have a blessed evening!

No comments: