Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a GREAT week!

I was so blessed this past week to have my oldest son, Derek, visit with us for his vacation. It was great to have him drive the 1100 miles from Chicago to Florida to spend four days with us. We had such a terrific time and I was amazed to discover how much he has become just like me.

He arrived Sunday late so we spent Monday resting and Tuesday we drove down to Micanopy (no it's not pronounced Ma Canopy, it's Mi ca no pee) It's a small town where they filmed the movie Doc Hollywood with Michael J Fox and it's like taking a walk back in time. We ate at the Florida Cafe (GREAT reuben sandwiches) and then spent the afternoon browsing through all the antique shops. Oh, I taught him well. He knew what to look for and how to choose...and how to barter and when to say no.


Afterwards we drove to Cross Creek and visited the home of author Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, the author of such books as Cross Creek and The Yearling. He loved it as much as we do...again another walk through time to simpler days of the past.


Wednesday was a fun and busy day and before I knew it Thursday morning dawned bright and early and it was time for him to head back to Chicago with promises that he'd return over Easter break, this time bringing my grandchildren with him. I am already counting the days.


Speaking of counting, if you've noticed I'll soon be at my 100th blog....I can't believe that! Anyone have any ideas for the subject of my 100th blog? Leave me a comment with your suggestions. Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Lots 2 Luv Designs said...

glad you had a great visit with your son.