Monday, January 5, 2009

First Post of the New Year

I can't believe it's already January 5th! Five days into the new year already.

Today is my sweet husband's 60th birthday. On Saturday I gave him a surprise birthday party...and he WAS surprised, completely and totally. His face was priceless when we entered our church fellowship hall. There were all our friends and church family, but his own family had driven up from Orlando to celebrate with us also. For most of them this was the first visit here, and something he thought would never happen.

I'd told him we were going to a wedding so when we walked in and they all began singing "Happy Birthday" he was confused and totally surprised. There were about 35 who celebrated with us and I owe my best friend, her daughter and husband, a huge debt of gratitude, for I could never have pulled it off without their unfailing love, support and HELP! They honestly did most of the work and did a fabulous job of it.

We had a "John Deere" theme. My husband loves his John Deere tractors, and has an old one he's restored. Last year for his birthday the same best friend and husband and I took him to the Florida FlyWheeler's show. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, everything in the fellowship hall was John Deere yellow and green, including the cake. He loved it and so did all the kids. I have some photos, but the scanner doesn't seem to be working. If I can get it working later I'll scan them, then edit and add them to this post.

I'm hoping now all the festivities are over I will be able to get all my Christmas decorations down and put away, get our lives back to normal. School starts again today and it was back to work for both of us this morning.

Hope your day is wonderful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do for your dear husband. I am new to Blogger and am just surfing I still do not know how to subscribe to others blogs it hasn't been very easy to navigate, but because I can read html it wasn't as hard to set up my page. I enjoyed your blog. Have a bless evening.

~Linda~

Anonymous said...

Ooops it didn't show my photo...I think I clicked no....sorry about that.

~Linda~

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I'm glad the surprise turned out so well. All the planning and keeping secrets worked! :D