Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Time's a Comin'

I don't know that I'll ever get used to Palm trees and Christmas lights, so we don't really decorate the outside of our house at Christmas, but I do decorate the inside! I thought I'd share some pictures today of the decorations you'll find inside our home. My decorating style is more of a Country Antique/Primitive. I don't have a lot of the shabbier things, but I love a beautiful antique that has history, a great story behind it, or it's a family heirloom. I hope you'll enjoy Christmas at my house.
This is the newest addition to my snowman collection. He looks like mercury glass, and is so cute!
Here is my beautiful Nativity set. I saw this one year at Family Christian Bookstore and really wanted it, but it was $99.00! I waited until the day after Christmas and went to the sale, got the set for $12.00! Boy was I happy!
One of the gals that used to post quite a lot on Creative Homekeepers made this tree and I just had to have it. It's such a cute little Prim tree. The ornies are handmade snowballs, out of an old chenille bedspread, and handmade stockings with rusty bells. Standing next to it is an antique Santa figurine.
We don't have a fireplace, hence no mantle. I decided the top of my entertainment center could serve the same purpose! The clock in the back plays a Christmas Carol on each hour and counts down the days until Christmas. The snowman sitting on the top of the speaker holds a snowball that changes colors, quite festive.
This table sits on the small wall that separates my dining room, living room, and kitchen. It was the ugliest table ever, layers and layers of old paint peeling and flaking. We decided, since we didn't know if any of it was a lead based paint, the best thing was to strip it all off to the bare wood and stain it. It turned into a beautiful side table. It has two fold-down leaves, which when pulled up makes it about card table sized. This is the table I use to display my angels, along with a tri-fold snowman made of wood and one of my pieces of Yellow ware, filled with white and silver ornaments.
The buffet in my dining room holds several of the items I recently received in a Christmas swap, along with a couple of prim make-do's.
Last thing to share is our Christmas tree. Sparkling with multi-colored lights, the ornaments are a mixture of old and new, traditional and primitive. It makes for a warm, colorful tree.
I'm so glad I was able to share Christmas at our home with you.

2 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Judy!!!

I am so glad youre posting pics. I have never seen a single picture of your home:) Love the tree from Alicia and I love your prim blocks. Everything looks great!!

Terry said...

Hi Judy!
Everything looks fantastic! I love the tree that Alicia made. Very cool. Your big tree is beautiful.
Terry